Wedding Bridesmaids Gowns 2016
After the wedding gown, what the bridesmaids wear is the most important clothing decision that needs to be made. Finding the right wedding bridesmaids gowns is even more important than what your groom wears! And while bridesmaid gowns used to be the type of dress you would only wear once, there are now so many wonderful options for ladies getting married in Niagara Falls or Niagara-on-the-Lake. We’ve compiled a list of the latest bridesmaid wedding gown trends to help you make your decision.
- This is the hottest trend right now. Select gowns that are different to suit the personality of each of your bridesmaids.
- Another idea that is simply stunning is choose one colour and have your bridesmaids wear different hues. Or, have them wear completely different shades altogether.
- Bold and vibrant hues are very popular right now. Think orange, yellow and purple.
- If bold isn’t your thing, you’re in luck. Beautiful pastel shades are also all the rage, from lilac and pale pinks to light yellows and robin’s egg blue.
- Know this: navy is the new black.
- Gunmetal grey continues to be a go-to shade for bridesmaid gowns. If you’re mismatching your bridesmaid dresses, pair grey with a pale pink or choose gowns that flow and have an airy feel to them, such as chiffon or lace.
- Short ladies rejoice! Short and sweet gowns are all the rage! At the knee and above the knee are perfect lengths.
- Tea-length gowns (the hemline will fall just below the knee or brush the lower calf) are also popular.
- Gone are sleeves for the top picks of 2015! But if want your ladies to have some type of sleeve, consider cap sleeves, which are delicate and sophisticated. As well, one-shoulder and asymmetrical shoulder dresses are the latest crazes.
- Belted bridesmaid gowns can help flatter figures, though we don’t expect this trend to continue past late 2016.
- Lace continues to be a huge wedding gown trend in general and ditto for bridesmaids. If you don’t want your bridesmaid gowns to be made entirely of lace, then consider lace over-layers.
- Sheer fabric and flowy fabrics are in as they should be as they are romantic and stunning. These types of gowns look best with softer, pastel-like colours.
- As with bridal gowns, an open back or just the hint of sexy with a cutout detail in the back of the gown is also gaining in popularity.